Matrimony is one of the seven sacraments of the Catholic Church, the one by which a man and woman join together the whole of their lives. Marriage is a means of grace in the life of the couple, and as the “domestic church” the family is the foundation of the Christian community.
St. Mary’s Marriage Requirements:
- At least one person must be registered and participating in the Parish for at least 3 months prior to contacting the office.
- Couples must plan to begin pre-marital preparation at least 6 months prior to your proposed wedding date.
Catholic Marriage preparation contains the following elements:
- one-on-one meetings with a priest or deacon
- the collecting of pertinent paperwork
- a Marriage Preparation class
Marriage Preparation at St. Mary’s
The Marriage Preparation classes (sometimes called Pre-Cana classes) are one part of this preparation process. Here at St. Mary’s we offer a series of preparation classes three times a year: in the fall, winter, and spring. You must have met with a priest or deacon prior to registering for the class. Our schedule is listed below. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE PROGRAM CONSISTS OF FOUR CLASSES ON CONSECUTIVE SATURDAYS. Couples attend all four classes; attendance is mandatory to receive the certificate of completion.
To request a marriage at St. Mary’s please complete the marriage request form by clicking here at least 6 months prior to the proposed wedding date. After submitting a request a member of the parish office will contact you shortly to walk you through the process.